To ensure that no child is unable to attend St. Bonaventure’s College because of inability to pay, the Bursary Program provides financial assistance towards tuition. The school receives no government funding, and therefore this program must be funded from outside sources separate from student tuition fees. Each year substantial awards allow many families who would not otherwise be able, to send their children to St. Bonaventure’s College. Currently, approximately 1 in 11 students receive benefits from this program.
Applying to the Bursary Program
St. Bonaventure’s College has a Bursary program to provide financial assistant towards the cost of tuition for those in need. The bursaries provided are only partial and the amount awarded depends on the families financial situation. The identities of applicants are kept confidential. The Bursary Program is designed to ensure that no child is unable to attend the school because of inability to pay the full tuition fee. It allows families of all income levels an opportunity to attend the school.
The Bursary Program is funded separate and apart from any tuition fees paid by the parents. All money comes from individual and collective sources outside the school.
Bursary Application Process
The bursary application process begins at the same time as in school registration each year. St. Bon’s does not offer entrance scholarships; bursaries exist only to meet the needs of families who demonstrate a financial need.
Families will submit their application to Apple Financial Services (AFS). AFS will assess each family’s bursary application and evaluate the amount a family can pay towards tuition. The assessment will be sent to our Bursary Committee who will make the final decision on the bursaries awarded.
Families will be required to submit the following documentation* to Apple Financial Services:
- Most Recent Notices of Assessment or Tax Returns
- Most Recent T4’s or T2125 Statement of Business Activities, if self-employed
- Most Recent Pay Statements for the current year
- Annual Mortgage Documents
*This is not a comprehensive list and other documentation may be required by Apple Financial Services to determine your family’s financial situation.
Our Bursary Committee reviews all bursary applications and all information provided to St. Bonaventure’s College is kept in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested in applying to the Bursary Program or require more information please email email@example.com.
FACTS about the Bursary Program
- The St. Bon’s Bursary fund is OPEN TO ALL students. Awards are based on financial need, which must be demonstrated to an independent committee.
- The INDEPENDENT SELECTION COMMITTEE operates at arms-length from the school and sets its own policies and procedures for selection. No employees of the school are members of the committee.
- ALL MONEY disbursed for bursary assistance is raised for that specific purpose.
- NO TUITION paid by parents goes toward bursary assistance.
- All financial information submitted for adjudication is treated as CONFIDENTIAL.
- All bursary recipients are required to PAY SOMETHING toward tuition. This is determined by the selection committee.
- Each Jesuit school is entrusted to offer a bursary program for students in financial need.