Position: Advancement, Communications and Marketing Officer
Direct Reporting to: President and Head of School
The Advancement, Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for planning and overseeing fundraising, marketing and communications. The Advancement, Communications and Marketing Officer will work closely with members of the Leadership Team and Board of Governors.
- Build a comprehensive fundraising plan in consultation with the President and Head of School.
- Partner with the President and Head of School, staff, Board members and other volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Recommend policies concerning fund development.
- Continue to grow the School’s Annual Giving Program to increase participation through improved communication and education.
- Work with the President and Head of School to establish event and campaign based fundraising strategies, policies and plans.
- Strategize community sources of funding through grants and corporations, both locally and nationally.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Oversee donor recognition programs, including Report of Appreciation.
- Oversee tax receipting of eligible gifts to the school.
Communication and Marketing
- Develop and implement communication and marketing strategies to promote the mission of St. Bonaventure’s College.
- Oversee the production of all school print, web and video publications, including recruitment materials; photography, design and visual identity.
- Develop marketing and communication plans for admissions and development.
- Work closely with members of the Leadership Team to assist with parent, alumni and community communications.
- Develop a plan to increase alumni engagement with an emphasis on philanthropic and mission-driven programming.
- Develop and oversee the execution of an annual communications plan, which includes direct, and electronic mail, alumni e-newsletter, web and social media, etc.
- Foster alumni relationships to improve event attendance and increase participation.
- Oversee the development and execution of special events and award ceremonies, including, but not limited to, Annual Alumni Dinner and Awards, Military Tribute Dinner, Annual Lottery, Walk-a-Thon and Annual Gala.
- Manage Fundraising and Event Budgets.
Other related duties as required.
- Must embrace the mission, vision, and values of St. Bonaventure’s College;
- Excellence in organizational and written and verbal communication skills;
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers;
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls;
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals;
- Display a positive attitude, cura personalis, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability;
- Manage timelines, project budgets, multiple projects effectively and simultaneously;
- Experience with newsletter production and message development;
- A bachelor’s degree;
- 5 years combined minimum experience in professional fundraising, communications and marketing.
- A total of 8 weeks annual vacation (4 weeks during the summer months, 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter).
- 5% matching of Registered Pension Plan contributions.
- Comprehensive group benefits program.
- Tuition benefit for children of employees (subject to available capacity).
- Salary range $57,000-$65,000.
Deadline to apply: Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Applications which must include a cover letter and CV should be emailed to: email@example.com
We thank everyone who applies; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.