Get your walking shoes ready, it’s time for the annual St. Bonaventure’s College Walkathon! The Walkathon will take place on Friday, October 16th. K-6 students will walk to Bannerman Park and Grade 7-12 students will walk to Quidi Vidi Lake.
Our Walkathon is an annual fundraiser to support a variety of curricular initiatives. Our goal for the 2020 Walkathon is $30,000. If each student has a minimum of 5 people make a $20 pledge we would reach our $30,000 goal! If we meet our goal, we will be able to purchase the following for our students:
- 30 sets of Snowshoes
- 4 Table Tennis sets
- 10 Spike Ball Kits
- 20 new iPads for our K-3 curriculum
- Supplies to Upgrade our Student Internet
- 6 Streaming Devices
- 20 Chromebooks
- 5 sets of Projectors and Whiteboards
- Supplies for the Outdoor Classroom
There are two ways that you can collect pledges:
- Due to COVID-19 we are encouraging families to use a Fundraising Page to collect pledges. Donations can be made by credit card and receipts are given electronically right away. To create a fundraising page simply click on the link HERE, click the “Create a Fundraiser” button and follow the steps. When creating a title for the page, please include your child’s name so we can easily identify who owns the page. The link to your Fundraising Page can be shared on social media, or through email to collect pledges.
- If you would still like to use the paper pledge form you may do so, however we ask that you send in one cheque or money order for the full amount to reduce the handling of cash by our staff. The pledge form can be downloaded HERE.
To reach our goal of $30,000 we have created incentives similar to past years, including the chance to win a brand new Chromebook. You can review the prize structure HERE.
We launched the Walkathon at the school today with a video from our student council which you can view HERE.
Thank you to everyone in advance for your support.