Our K-6 teachers offer a variety of extra-curricular programs which run Monday through Thursday. The winter session will take place February 4, 2019 until April 5, 2019.
We have attempted to offer programming which encompasses all grades for each term. The following programs will be offered this year:
- STEAM (1) – Students imagine and create through play, ingenuity and innovation using science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
- Active: Tennis Club (K-2) – This year Greenbelt Tennis will come to our campus and offer eight 1 hour tennis lessons for our students. There is limited space for this activity.
- Storytelling Club (Grades 2) – Students will cultivate oral storytelling skills, and learn about the importance of using our voices to communicate all the things we want to share. Students will also develop a story (original or retelling) that they will share with their fellow storytellers near the end of the program.
- Yoga (Grade 3) – Yoga techniques promote self-health, relaxation and inner fulfillment so children can navigate life’s challenges with a little more ease. Yoga at a young age encourages self-esteem and body awareness with a physical activity that is non-competitive. It enhances children’s flexibility, strength and coordination. A nutritious snack will be provided at the start of each class. (Note: Students are expected to bring their own yoga mats and keep them in their lockers.)
- Art Club (Grades 3-4 ) – An art program that includes a variety of art activities as well as seasonal crafts which spark imagination and creativity.
- Homework Haven (Grades 4-6) – Under teacher supervision, Junior and Senior high students help elementary students with their daily homework and studies.
- Drama Club (Grades 4-6) – Students are offered a positive learning experience in the dramatic arts
Please click here for the updated Winter Session schedule (please note the date changes for Art Club)