The first recycling blitz of the school year will take place on Saturday, September 24th from 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m. in the cafeteria of Holland Hall.
The schedule for the Recycling Blitz for the 2016-2017 school year is as follows:
September 24th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
October 22nd – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
November 19th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
December 17th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
January 14th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
February 18th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
March 25th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
April 29th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
May 27th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
June 17th – 9:30a.m. to 11:00a.m
The Multi-Materials Stewardship Board (MMSB) matches the regular donation for school groups.
Refund on beverage containers
- Non-alcoholic containers: 8 cent deposit; 5 cent refund (10 cent refund for the school)
- Alcoholic containers: 20 cent deposit; 10 cent refund (20 cent refund for the school)
- Aluminum cans – soft drinks, beer, juice, flavored drinks
- Drink boxes (tetra) – juice, milkshakes
- Plastic containers – soft drink bottles, juice, water
- Glass bottles – juice, flavoured drinks, liquor bottles, imported beer
- Steel cans – juice
- Other Plastics – white juice jugs, flavoured drink pouches, yogurt drinks
- Gable top containers – juice, fruit flavored drinks
- Alcoholic containers – liquor bottles, wine bottles, imported beer
What’s NOT accepted
- Milk cartons
- Concentrated liquids (such as syrup or frozen juice)
- Infant formula
- Medicinal/nutritional supplements
- Containers greater than 5 litres
How to prepare your recycling
Properly preparing your recyclables not only ensures the health and safety of those handling the recyclables, but that the process is efficient and free of delays.
- Ensure bags are free of garbage
- Ensure bottles are not broken
- Remove caps
- Remove straws
- Empty all liquid
This is a tremendous fundraiser for our school each year. The proceeds are used to support various activities and groups within the school community. If you can’t make the monthly blitz, you can still donate. Just bring your items to the local EverGreen recycling depot and you can give them the school phone number, 726-0024. Once the items are counted, they will give you a receipt that you can write your child’s name on and give to Ms. Pardy or Mrs. Coffin. If you would like to drop off your items and don’t want to wait for them to be counted, you can enter the school phone number on the self-serve screen, obtain stickers for the bags, and pass them in. There is a receipt printed with them that you can send in as well, so that we can track the deposits.
Local beer bottles are recyclable through the school or at designated brewery outlets throughout the city, so you can bring them along to the blitz each month and we will take care of them. We DO NOT receive double the amount for these items, but they are still a valuable part of our recycling program.
Thanks for your support and cooperation.
Ms. Pardy and Mrs. Coffin